School of Mathematics and Statistics
Guangdong University of Foreign Studies (GDUFS)
Guangzhou, 510006, China
E-mail: yangchao AT gdufs DOT edu DOT cn
sokoban2007 AT 163 DOT com
My webpage at GDUFS.
- August 2019 - Now,
School of Mathematics and Statistics, Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
- July 2007 - July 2019, Associate Researcher/Lecturer, School of Mathematics, Sun Yat-Sen University.
- August 2009 - July 2010, Postdoctoral Researcher, Texas State University - San Marcos, USA.
(Supervisor: Professor Jian Shen)
- June 2007, PhD degree in Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China.
(Advisor: Professor Jun-Ming Xu 徐俊明教授)
- June 2003, Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, University of Science and Technology of China.
I co-organize the Guangzhou Discrete Math Seminar, which started in September 2017.
See also my record at ORCID.
My papers indexed by MathSciNet of AMS.
Graph Theory, Theoretical Computer Science, Combinatorial Games and Puzzles,
and various topics in Discrete Mathematics
Publications and Preprints
- Ricci-flat graphs with girth four. (With Weihua He, Jun Luo and Wei Yuan)
- Unified extremal results of topological indices and spectral invariants of graphs.
Discrete Applied Mathematics. 271 (2019), 218-232. (With Yuedan Yao, Muhuo Liu, Francesco Belardo)
- Hanano Puzzle is NP-hard. Information Processing Letters. 145 (2019), 6-10. (With Ziwen Liu)
- The Non-Deterministic Constraint Logic and Its Applications in Computational Complexity.
Computer Science and Application. 7(5) (2017), 407-413. (With Ziwen Liu)
- SNOWMAN is PSPACE-complete.
Theoretical Computer Science. 677 (2017) 31-40. (With Weihua He and Ziwen Liu)
- Connectivity of lexicographic product and direct product of
Ars Combinatoria. 111 (2013), 3-12. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- Sliding puzzles and rotating puzzles on graphs , Discrete Mathematics.
311 (2011), 1290–1294 .
- Connectivity and super-connectivity of Cartesian product
graphs, Ars Combinatoria. 95 (2010), 235-245. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- Diameter vulnerability of graphs by edge
deletion. Discrete Mathematics. 309 (2009), 1001-1006. (With He-Xi Ye and Jun-Ming Xu)
- Forwarding index of cube-connected cycles.
Discrete Applied Mathematics. 157(1) (2009), 1-7. (With Jun Yan and Jun-Ming Xu)
- Reliability of interconnection networks modeled by
Cartesian product digraphs. Networks, 52(4) (2008), 202-205. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- Connectivity and Edge-connectivity of Strong Product
Graphs, Journal of University of Science and Technology of China, 38(5) (2008), 449-
455. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- Cover pebbling number of some product
graphs, Journal of University of Science and Technology of China, 38(9) (2008), 1030-
1035. (With Wei Kong, Yong-Liang Pan)
- Fault Diameter of Product Graphs, Information Processing Letters.
102 (2007), 226-228. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- Feedback Number of Kautz
Digraph, Discrete Mathematics, 307 (2007), 1589-1599. (With Jun-Ming Xu, Ye-Zhou Wu, Jia Huang)
- Some graphs with
minimum Hosoya index and Maximum Merrifield-Simmons index, MATCH
Communications in Mathematical and in Computer Chemistry. 57(1) (2007), 235-242.
(With Xiang-Feng Pan, Jun-Ming Xu and Min-Jie Zhou)
- On the Randic index of unicyclic graphs
with k pendant vertices, MATCH Communications in Mathematical and in Computer
Chemistry. 55(2) (2006), 409417. (With Xiang-Feng Pan, Jun-Ming Xu)
- Connectivity of Cartesian product graphs, Discrete Mathematics,
306(1) (2006), 159-165. (With Jun-Ming Xu)
- I am a reviewer for AMS Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet. (2+)
- Referee for journals:
- Mathematical and Computer Modelling
- Journal of Experimental & Theoretical Artificial Intelligence(2+)
- Information Processing Letters
- Discrete Mathematics
- Electronic Journal of Graph Theory and Applications(2+)
- AIMS Mathematics
- Discussiones Mathematicae Graph Theory
- Ars Combinatoria
- I co-organize the world's most difficult online monthly competitions
for the puzzle Sokoban (推箱子), since April, 2009. The competition levels are so difficult that sometimes
there are no more than 10 people in the world could solve.
- I enjoy distance running. My personal best: 1 hour 40 minutes and 51 seconds for half marathon (21km),
43 minutes 36 seconds for 10km, and 5 minutes 15 seconds for 1500 meters.
Last modified: May 2, 2020